Did you hear about Starbucks closing some stores? Are you curious that the Starbucks shop next door will be closed down? In this post, we have listed all Starbucks stores closing in California.
Starbucks is reportedly closing some of its stores. These include 16 stores located in different countries.
According to Starbucks, closure was necessary due to safety concerns and the prevention of attacks. The store branches to be closed are in Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Washington DC and Oregon.
The Wall Street Journal reported that an official release from Starbucks notified that the company is more concerned about the safety of its workers in these locations while referencing the impact of misconduct committed by some customers as experienced in some areas.
It was also referenced that, according to reports from staff, some Starbucks customers indulge in drugs while in their shops.
According to a Starbucks spokesperson during an interview with Insider;
After careful consideration, we are closing some stores in locations that have experienced a high volume of challenging incidents that make it unsafe to continue to operate and to open new areas with safer conditions.
Also, in the letter, they stated that employees are “seeing firsthand the challenges facing our communities—personal safety, racism, lack of access to healthcare, a growing mental health crisis, rising drug use, and more.
With stores in thousands of communities across the country, we know these challenges can sometimes play out within our stores too.”
Below, we have listed all Starbucks stores closing in California.
Starbucks Stores Closing in California
6 Starbucks stores are closing in California. Their precise locations have been listed below:
- 1st & Los Angeles (Doubletree), Los Angeles, California
- 2nd & San Pedro, Los Angeles, California
- Hollywood & Vine, Hollywood, California
- Hollywood & Western, Los Angeles, California
- Ocean Front Walk & Moss, Santa Monica, California
- Santa Monica & Westmount, West Hollywood, California
Other Starbucks Stores Closing
Starbucks stores in 16 different locations will close at the end of July 2022. The affected branches include 6 Stores in Los Angeles, a Store in Philadelphia, 2 Stores in Portland, Oregon, a Store in Washington, D.C and 6 Stores in Seattle.
The 16 stores and their location can be seen below.
10th & Chestnut, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 4th & Morrison, Portland, Oregon
- Gateway, Portland, Oregon
- 23rd & Jackson, Seattle, Washington
- 505 Union Stn, Seattle, Washington
- Olive Way, Seattle, Washington
- Hwy 99 & Airport Rd, Everett, Washington
- Roosevelt Square, Seattle, Washington
- Union Station Train Concourse, Washington, DC
- Westlake Center, Seattle, Washington
The list above contains all the branches of Starbucks closing by the end of July 2022. The reason for the action has been linked to the misconduct of some of its customers. However, Starbucks closing down is in the interest of protecting its staff members.
Found this post helpful? Please, endeavour to share!