It’s happening again: We’re moving toward that time of the year when the days are getting shorter and colder and the temptation to stay indoors, snuggled under a blanket feels practically irresistible. And honestly, who doesn’t love a cozy day at home?
Having said that, it’s exactly the time of year when a little movement can go a long way in re-energizing you and lifting your mood, especially if you get depressed in the winter or you’re already feeling stressed about the holiday season. To help you accomplish just that, we’ve put together an ultra-motivating playlist packed with upbeat tunes that are sure to get your blood pumping. Why? Because we know that once you hear that one song and push through the first (admittedly difficult!) minutes of a workout, it all gets easier after that.
This playlist includes favorites from several SELF editors, so it’s an eclectic mix of pop hits, with a dash of indie rock, and even a few ‘80s classics. Whenever you need a little kick in the pants, you can pull it up and find one track that speaks to you—maybe “All These Things That I Have Done” by The Killers is exactly what you want, or you know that newer hits from Charli XCX and ROSALÍA will get you excited to move. And if you’re looking for sustained motivation, just keep this playlist going for your entire workout. Browse the songs below on Spotify or keep scrolling for the complete playlist. And remember: You’ve got this!
- “All These Things That I Have Done” by The Killers
- “Timber” by Pitbull feat. Ke$ha
- “I’m Still Standing” by Elton John
- “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- “Me Against the World” by Britney Spears feat. Madonna
- “Ain’t It Fun” by Paramore
- “Let the Day Begin” by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- “Good Ones” by Charli XCX
- “Doo Wop (That Thing)” by Ms. Lauryn Hill
- “Believer” by Imagine Dragons
- “Pump It Louder” by Tiësto, Black Eyed Peas
- “I Ain’t Worried” by One Republic
- “21 Reasons” by Nathan Dawe feat. Ella Henderson
- “DESPECHÁ” by ROSALÍA
- “Latch” by Disclosure, Sam Smith
- “Electric Feel” by MGMT
- “The Wire” by HAIM
- “Take Your Mama” by Scissor Sisters
- “Summer Feelings” by Lennon Stella feat. Charlie Puth
- “The Man” by Aloe Blacc
- “Everywhere” by Fleetwood Mac